Friday, August 24, 2012

DIY Glitter Heels




Glittery shoes are clearly nothing new, they've been in stores and all over Pinterest for quite some time now. They've been popping up so frequently that I decided to give it a shot. I found these not so glamourous white kitten heels, and despite their peeling soles and used look, I figured they would do!
A little bit of hot glue for the soles, and a little Mod Podge and glitter to spice things up and they now look as good as new! 







This may have been the quickest, easiest, and most fun DIY I've done to date..I seem to have forgotten how much fun glitter is! (It's safe to say there will be much more glitter in the upcoming DIYs)

1. Supplies = shoes (preferably cheap old ones), mod podge, paint brush, glitter, disposable cup, and covered surface..also, if your shoes are not white/light in color it would be a good idea to first paint the shoes a color similar to the glitter you'll be using so that any missing spots will be less noticeable
2. mid glitter and mod podge together to form a thick glittery paste
3. cover the shoes in your new sparkly glue, be generous here! this stage helps to give a rough surface for the following glitter to stick to, as well as provide a base coat of glitter that hopefully won't rub off
4. cover the glue covered shoes in glitter, again be generous! 
5. allow the shoes to dry and then apply a clear coat to seal in the beauty, I use Valspar satin finish



I usually object to any heels less than 5 inches, but I actually think that the small heels here are what makes the shoes so cute! The glitter is quite powerful and the smaller heels I think balance it out. I wasn't sure how much I would love walking around wearing shoes that sparkle brighter than the sun, but I absolutely love them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment